Monday, March 2, 2009

Stampiness

Tonight I made a handy little stamp with my old and new initial ('cause it's staying the same!). I love carving stamps like this, its so fun and your options are practically limitless. I have always used linoleum blocks in the past, but recently discovered these great rubber blocks that literally cut like butter--too easy, it took me all of 5 minutes and voila! I love projects that I can complete when I don't have a lot of time. So here's what I ended up with:




And I also really like that it can look like this:



I made our save the date cards a few months ago by carving out a stamp (the grey lump in the middle) and then finished them by using turquoise-y-blue-y embossing powder and an embossing heat tool. It was great fun and extremely cheap. The only downside was that some of them got scuffed in the mail, which tends to happen with postcards, so I would put them in an envelope if I had to do it all over again, which thankfully I do not! But I really liked the way they turned out. They make me think of the beach. Stamp carving kits can be bought here.


No comments:

Post a Comment