Thursday, October 15, 2009

Say "YES!" to Risotto

Getting married has certainly broadened my culinary repertoir. Sam enjoys a range of foods different from what I am used to making, so it's been great to learn new recipes and techniques--my tastebuds also aprpeciate it.

I recenlty started making risottos every other week or so because, dang, they are TASTY. Not to mention warm and comforting and DELICIOUS. I began by doing a little online research, and found that Jamie Oliver really had a good recipe going on. I love Jamie Oliver. I want to own all of his books and also be his best friend because it would be awesome to be invited over for dinner. Anyway. Luckily you can get his recipes online, and instead of copying it all down here I will share the link to his basic risotto recipe. Please please please try it. You can add all kinds of things to this recipe; mushrooms, pesto and pine nuts, artichokes (YUM), asparagus, you name it. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple--and I know how much simple meals appeal to the modern chef/cook/housewife/food eater. Let me know how this works out for you and how much you LOVE it.

Here's a picture of Jamie just because he's a genius and he loves gardening and he taught me how to make a risotto so that my husband would stop asking me why we haven't had it for dinner yet. Also because he's cute for a chef. Here's to you Jamie...

1 comment:

  1. oooh....I'm gonna try it next week. Had a hell of a time tonight trying to think of something to make for dinner. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete