Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hump Day

I am always so surprised when Wednesday rolls around--that it's already the middle of the week. That's when I know I'm going to make it to Friday night. Such a feeling of accomplishment:)

I have been in a creative slump lately. I have some ideas for things I want to try/make, but I just don't have the energy when I have the time and vise versa. I am looking forward to spending a Saturday at my sewing machine, stay tuned.

Speaking of soon, my wedding is just around the corner--how the heck did that happen? We have just over two months until the big day! I'm so excited, but I know it also means that I will be moving away from lots of people who I love, so that will be very sad. But of course I'm mostly excited--thrilled actually. I have my fingers crossed that none of my guests will be harmed in "dangerous" Mexico by the drug cartels, swine flu, hurricanes, or any other natural disaster that could possibly occur. I'm just kidding, I'm not worried at all. Hello, I can't wait to spend a week on the beach eating and drinking all I want 24 hours a day, going to the spa, and oh yeah, GETTING MARRIED. Woah. Two months... woah.

Speaking of getting married, I am getting my biometrics taken and sending my visa to Los Angeles tomorrow--so wish me luck/pray for me please. It's finally happening and I am so so so so happy to get that thing out of my life. Hopefully I will have great news about my approval really soon.

Speaking of going places, let me please indulge myself by posting a photo of some of my newest acquisitions from my trip to Spain. I had already met my quota of items-I-had-to-buy-because-I-was-in-a-foreign-country but then I saw these. They are handmade, of course, from clay and have the nicest glaze. The white chimney is an architectural pattern of the different civilizations that settled Menorca--distinctly Mediterranean if you ask me. Had to own them, even though it meant making another trip to the atm.


And while I'm at it, why not brag photographically on the sweet little pillow I picked up at Pottery Barn with a gift certificate we were given at our wedding shower. I'm into coral/orange lately, and why shouldn't I be--it's wonderful. I am really excited to put all of these things in our little country cottage (if said visa is approved, if said wedding is not destroyed by a hurricane, if....). Which, by the way, we are closing on the house June first! And by we, I mean Sam is signing and so it's all his responsibility:) Only joking. Once it's official I will post pictures, I haven't wanted to jinx anything, I feel like I'm already sort of hanging by a thread.

And lastly, Twilight. I am in the middle of the third book. Wow. By the way, is the whole series called Twilight, or only the first book? I guess I could google that. Cheerio friends, I do hope that I have something original and exciting to share with you soon! Enjoy the week...

1 comment:

  1. If you need any help making things for your wedding let me know. I'm not working, so I will have time. I have all the computer equipment to print and design things. And I can sew. Let me know if you need help!

    ReplyDelete