Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blackburn

A couple of weeks ago we went to see Sam's football (aka soccer) team play up in Blackburn which is way up north. He has supported the Blackburn Rovers since he was a wee lad and hadn't been to see them in years and years. So it was very exciting. I was looking forward to the fights but it was pretty tame except for a big fat man and a little short man who got annoyed with each other in the row in front of us because Blackburn were losing and the big fat man said something rude and called them all mean names and the little short man said if he couldn't say something nice to not say anything at all so the big fat guy called the little short guy an even ruder name and the little short guy's girlfriend had to restrain him from punching the big fat guy and I was a little disappointed, because like I said, I went for the fights. But it was pretty fun! A lot of the fans stand up chanting and taunting the opposition during the whole game which was strangely familiar and heartwarming, my fellow Aggies might know what I mean by that.

Here are some little hood rats before the game. I got told off by Sam for laughing at their northern accents.



That's me eating a cheese and onion pie (see I told you I was a pie eater) and a giant pile of chips (aka french fries). YUM, I like football:)

The teams warming up.









Sadly Blackburn didn't win but it was still really fun just to be there in person and feel all the excitement and tension. It was a good day.


2 comments:

  1. How come there aren't cheese and onion pies here?!? I guess it's a good thing. I just am not a fan of the mince and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really find your tips profitable. I will surely be back here very often.Thanks for sharing. Keep bogging.
    search engine marketing

    ReplyDelete