Sunday, September 2, 2012

a birthday present for a little girl

Our niece turned 4 last week, it was an exciting occasion.  I always struggle getting gifts for her because she has everything.  What do you get for a girl who has two real life ponies knowwhatimean? So a few weeks ago an idea came to me, I would make her a hop scotch mat--she could play inside (since it seems to always be raining) or outside (and would be easily washable).  Bam.  I was so excited, it seemed like such a good idea, and it became an even better idea when I was at her house a week before we gave it to her and she asked me if I would teach her to play hop scotch!  And sure enough when she opened it she said, "Oh Auntie Bethany, I love it." and then we went and hopped.  
 

On one side I sewed fabric rectangles for hop scotch, and on the other I sewed fabric circles for a bean bag toss game.  I also wrote numbers on the rectangles and circles, and they aren't as impossible to see as they are in these pictures.  Sam suggested that I cut out and applique the numbers on with coordinating fabrics and I laughed in his face.  But it would be cool, IF you are insane and have millions of hours of free time. 


 
 I also made 2 sets of 3 bean bags so she can play with her sister or a friend.
 
 
And here she is playing at her birthday party:)
 
 
 
**Another bonus is that I have been commissioned to make a couple more of these!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I might have to make one of these for my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you should patent this. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog and data in this, is very good and informative also.life insurance rates

    ReplyDelete